Friday 2 January 2015

Farewell and Welcome


A bit of bad news and a bit of good news.

I have decided to close ‘The BeautyFul World’ blog and open a new one. Why would I do this, you might wonder. Let me explain.

I like blogging. I like writing about beauty products, food or fun things I have done.
I feel however like the whole blogging experience was just ‘not me’. I see so many lovely blogs out there. Beautiful clean pictures, great writing, great outfits, all done by absolutely gorgeous girls. And I can’t help but compare myself to them all. I am really hard on myself, like always. I never think I’m good enough, I always think there are people so much better than me and whatever I do I just won’t be as good as any of them. This applies to everything – makeup, outfits, studying, career, you name it.

Now apply this to blogging. I have always tried to be like those girls. Post crisp, clean, gorgeous pictures of trendy outfits or great makeup looks, or shopping hauls. I always failed, my pictures just won’t ever be that good, I can’t dress that well and simply don’t have time to apply makeup for 40 minutes so that it’s perfect for blog pictures. I know I am failing because I don’t have many views, no comments and subscribers keep disappearing.

In the light on me trying to be me, I decided not to give up on blogging, I really enjoy it and I simply don’t want to stop. Instead I am going to try and make it MY blog. Post the way I am: geeky, definitely not perfect, not that pretty and not thin or fit. I don’t shop much, I like natural products, I re-use stuff because I care for the environment, I like making stuff. I want to share the things I love and don’t love with the world and I hope the world wants to see it.

So that’s that! I think the new blog will definitely be a lifestyle blog, just a bit of everything, lots or random stuff. Any ideas on what I should call it? It’s going to be hard to gain audience in this day and age where there is so many great blogs out there. But I hope to see you there. Stay tuned for the new link.

5 comments:

  1. Aw I'm sorry you feel you're failing- absolutely NOT the case! There are so many blogs in the world now a days that it's incredibly hard to build a following and you pretty much need that big break- its a lot of hard work with a dash of luck too. I think you're making the right choice though, you need to do what feels right for you, and if this blog isn't 'you' any more then you should absolutely create one that feels more like the real you. good luck, I can't wait to read your new one! Tweet me the link once it's up and running :) @movingonupaway

    Rhi

    www.movingonupaway.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment Rhi. I am actually quite excited about the new one. I will defnitely send you the link. I hope you will enjoy it :)

      Delete
  2. What is your new blog?

    And you are a naturally gorgeous girl, and unlike some other blogs, not pictures air-brushed to death

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just doing some surfing on my Nokia Phone during my spare time at work , and I happened across something I thought was intriguing. It linked over to your Im wondering if you have noticed how the media has changed? What once seemed like a never discussed issue has become more prevelant. Frankly it is about time we see a RCG Online Store

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...